Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Findings: Teaching Latin or Greek Without Knowledge, Book Shelves....

I don't have a lot for you this week as I haven't been online much.  I think I previously mentioned, Ruben is back at the Children's Dyslexia Center receiving tutoring two days per week.  Riley and Ruben also started choir this week.  Riley is playing fall ball.  And, Wednesday evening youth groups are back in full swing, so we've had several car trips.  Unfortunately today, Levi started fevering.  It seems this is inevitable, once kids start gathering :(


I also started a Socratic Book Club for homeschooled 5th and 6th graders in our area.  We had our first meeting this week after reading Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.  I hope to do a review of the book over the next couple of weeks along with more information on the book club in case you're inclined to start something in your area. 

One thing I wanted to share is the practicality of Harvey and Laurie Bluedorn on foreign language.  Here's an example in How do we teach Latin or Greek to a child when we don’t know the language ourselves?  

I also loved seeing Nancy Kelly's freshly rearranged history shelves in A Well-Read Child!  I really enjoy looking at shelves of books.  I know it sounds crazy, but I guess that's was bibliophiles do :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment