Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Findings: Great Books for Sale, Independent Children, Boys with Attitude, The Homegrown Preschooler....

I've started planning the upcoming school year this week.  It's so exciting!  I love the possibility of new books.  If you're looking for history or literature, either for summer reads or the upcoming academic year, be sure to check out our book sale lists.  I actually added a few to the history list yesterday.  Also, Beautiful Feet posted their Publishing History on Wednesday, which was fascinating.  I didn't realize they were responsible for bringing a few of those books back in print.  Way to go BF!

Brandy Vencel wrote a great post last week on The Importance of Independent Children {A Low-Energy Moms Post}.   I couldn't agree more with her points.  She took the words right out of my mouth :))

I appreciated Boys and their Attitudes since I have an 11-year old boy entering this lovely phase, not to mention a 4-year old tag along....sigh.  It looks like I need to poke around Amy's bog as she appears to have wisdom in this area.

I recently checked out The Homegrown Preschooler, Teaching Your Kids in the Places They Live by Kathy H. Lee & Lesli M. Richards based on a recommendation by Pam Barnhill.  I believe it's the preschool curricula they chose for her co-op.

The Homegrown Preschooler gives many helpful tips and tricks for teaching preschoolers at home.  Given this is not my first go around with preschool, I personally didn't find as many new ideas as I'd hoped.  Although, it was a good refresher and reminder to keep it simple.  At this age, it's important to foster a love of learning by creating wonder in everyday things.  The Homegrown Preschooler provides organizational tips, recipes, and activities to help you keep it simple.


Speaking of which, here's our homegrown preschooler...




No comments:

Post a Comment