Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Reflecting on the Past Few Months - A Life Update....


It's been some time since I've done any serious blogging here on Drywood Creek. Our days have been full. I have had many words, but not time to pen them. I have words on the final chapters of Charlotte Mason's Vol. 1, Home Education. I have words on our new CM Study Group read, The Liberal Arts Tradition by Clark and Jain. I have words on Classical Education in general as I poke and ponder a variety of sources.

Winter has been extremely long here on Drywood Creek. April has been one of the coldest on record. There have been times of mourning over the long cold winter as we lost many loved ones, including The Farmer's beloved mother, his aunt, two of my great-aunts, cousins, and friends. Just this week, the sun finally began to show it's warmth. It feels like we're turning a corner.


There have also been times of joy over the past few months. Our dear son, Ruben, celebrated his 13th birthday at the beginning of April. All of the kids are growing at rapid speed. It is bittersweet. I am so thankful for their health and wellness. It's a gift to watch them mature. On the other hand, I know these days are fleeting fast and I'm working very hard on being present. I don't want to miss a thing.

We also have about thirty new calves here on Drywood Creek, of course, many of them were born in the bitter cold. It takes time and a great deal of nurturing to winter babies. Many life lessons have been learned.


Speaking of lessons, we have continued our academic studies. The kids are down to three weeks left of the 2017-2018 school year. I will be blogging soon about our third term, the hits and misses. I've also been planning a bit for next year. I will once again have three students as Levi enters Year 1. RileyAnn will enter 9th grade and Ruben 8th. Where or where do those years go?!!

Lastly, I was privileged to attend the Midwest Great Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati, OH for the third year in a row. I attended many speaker workshops and am working on a post to report what I learned. So stay tuned! I intend to begin blogging again soon!

In the meantime, please check out our updated book sale lists. There is much goodness there that I'd love to get in the hands of other home educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment