Saturday, October 22, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Cookies



I recently purchased a series of World Community Cookbooks and I'm very excited about the recipes!  Last week I made Banana Oatmeal Cookies with a recipe from Jamaica.  They were so yummy!!  I did alter the recipe to replace the white sugar with honey.  Here's my version....

Cream together
     3/4 cup butter
     3/4 cup honey
Beat in
     1 beaten egg
Add
     2-3 peeled/mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
     3 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashion oatmeal)
     1/2 cup sliced almonds
Mix thoroughly. Add
     1 1/4 cups flour
     3/4 teaspoon baking soda
     1/2 teaspoon natural salt
     1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
     3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Mix well. Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool before eating if you can wait.

It must be the oatmeal that keeps them so moist.  The kids were eating them faster than I could count so I'm not sure how many dozen I made.  For the original unaltered recipe, see Extending the Table...A World Community Cookbook by Joetta Handrich Schlabach.

Enjoy!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment