Friday, October 21, 2011

Introducing Reflections from Drywood Creek


Welcome to our blog!  We've been talking and praying about this for some time. I am so excited that it's finally happening! Although, I must say, it's a little scary putting yourself out there for the world to see.  I hope I'm able to serve you in some way on this adventure.

We are a farm family from the Midwest.  Therefore, I will kindly be referring to the head of our home as "The Farmer".  It's in his blood and he hopes to make our son the fourth generation on this land.  I too have farming in my blood, but I fought it tooth and nail when I was younger.  Since, I've come to realize there's a point in our lives when we must learn to submit.  Thankfully, I've come full circle to that point.  I can't imagine doing anything better than working this beautiful land.

We love to spend time together as a family, hence the reason we homeschool.  We see our children as a blessing from God.  From our oldest two daughters, who were adopted through foster care, to our two youngest, who were an absolute gift.  They have all changed my life for the better.

I will be blogging on everything from cooking and laundry to homeschooling and farming.  This will be our family's journey through this life as we wait for the coming of our Savior.  Thanks for logging on!

1 comment: