Friday, December 30, 2016

Weekly Reflections - Week Fifteen and Sixteen...


At Home

Christmas has come and gone here on Drywood Creek, as has weeks fifteen and sixteen of the 2016-2017 school year.  We've had some light days as far as scheduling, but deep conversations and many fabulous books were and are still being read.  I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend to usher in the New Year.

Around the Web

Lisa Ripperton, founder of the Baldwin Project and Yesterday's Classics has started A Culture of Reading, a new blog.  I love Yesterday's Classics reprints!  We own and have read several.  They are so tastefully done with larger print and ample white space on the page, they are appealing to the eye. I look forward to reading Lisa's blog posts.

In Classical Education Does not Permit Students to be Uniformed, Mystie shares some thoughts from a reading of Plutarch.  I recently purchased The Great Tradition and look forward to digging deeper in the new year.

Back at the Blog

Here were the top posts at Reflections from Drywood Creek in 2016....

My Love Hate Relationship with Life of Fred - This post went viral rather quickly.

Schole Sisters: How I Started a Group - I love my Schole Sisters and look forward to gathering again in the new year.

Planning Your Homeschool Year - I'm a planner by nature so writing this post was right up my alley :)

Friday Findings: Homeschool Audit, Homeschool Planning, The Reading Promise and Glue... - The popularity of this post surprised me.  

Sunburn Hack - This one surprised me as well.  The best part is the stats have grown the most very recently in the month of December, which is winter here in WI, and we wouldn't even think of baring any part of our body for possible sun exposure because we would instead contract hypothermia. 


Thanks so much for logging on and taking the time to read!  This blog has grown tremendously over the past five years.  I truly appreciate your consideration and look forward to some blog updates in early 2017, hopefully, improving Reflections from Drywood Creek for upcoming years. 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your kids, cute picture! And thanks for pointing out the new blog, I'll check it out. We have read some Yestereday's Classics and enjoyed them as well.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tristan!...and Happy New Year to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete