Monday, December 5, 2011

Feet on the Ground

Here I am at the airport waiting through a snow storm for my first flying experience.  What an adventure!



I'm so glad to be back on the ground!

I haven't posted in a week or so because I've been out of town attending the Association of Educational Service Agencies, AESA, Conference in Colorado Springs, CO.  The conference was held at the Broadmoor Resort....WOW!! What an awesome facility!

Here's the view from my hotel window...


The keynote speakers were excellent!  I could have listened to Dr. David Sousa all day.  Dr. Sousa was a former superintendent, curriculum director, and science teacher, who turned his career into doing full time brain research.  An opening comment in his address was, "Teaching is the only profession whose job is to change the human brain everyday.  The more we know about how the brain works, the more we are able to change it."

I can't wait to follow up and read more about Dr. Sousa's work through his book How the Brain Learns. You can read more about him and his books at http://www.corwin.com/authors/505118

I missed the Farmer and the kids terribly.  Though the conference was grand, I'm not so good at being away.  Here are more photos for your viewing pleasure.....



 Beautiful views and holiday decorations...


The actual conference center....











Notice the snow and ice on the ground and on our airplane.  Hence, the nearly 3 hour delay for de-icing and snow removal on the runway.  It was rather unsettling for a first flight.



















Thank you God for feet on the ground!....and thank you CESA for the wonderful opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment