Monday, December 17, 2012

Cowboy Crazy Kids...



We've had cowboy crazy kids here for some time.  They love dressing up in their western attire.  But, Ruben has been wanting chaps.  Recently, I found vinyl material that was left over from recovering some chairs so I decided to get creative.   I took an old pair of blue jeans with holes in the knee and rather than patch them, I thought I'd try my hand at turning them into chaps.  


I cut the front of the leg out of the jeans.  Then sewed the vinyl in place, leaving approx. 2 inches of vinyl hanging on the outside of the leg.  I cut this piece into 1/2 inch strips creating a fringe effect.  Notice Ruben feeling the fringes, trying to be patient while I complete the second leg.....


Finally, he was able to try them on....


He loved posing in them....



























I had some material left so I thought I'd try my hand at a matching vest... 



Ruben is one happy cowboy!!  Although, I haven't figured out if it's safe to launder them yet.  I'm afraid they'll fall apart in the washing machine :(

Oh, and I can't resist a photo of our cowboy baby....
























"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys..." - Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment