Friday, February 13, 2015

Avoiding Homeschool Burnout...

February seems to be burnout month.  I know winter has been looooonnnggg here in WI and we're all more than a little stir crazy!   So today, I thought I'd post some links with helpful tips and encouragement on beating those burnout blahs...

1.Brandy Vencel at Afterthoughts has been posting a series of blogs called Preventing Homeschool Burnout.

2. I loved this post by Pam at Ed Snap Shots on The Ten Best Things You're Not Doing for Your Homeschool! You might say, now wait a minute Melissa, I'm burnt out and your including a list of things for me to add to my homeschool!  Actually, Pam's list is everything I find comforting about homeschooling.  By following these 10 easy steps, you will be set free from the daily grind.  I see it as simplifying :)

3. Does math got ya down?!  Take a break from the textbook and try some Real Living Math: A Fresh Approach to Teaching.  

4. Lori Lane, from The End in Mind, does a wonderful job of describing homeschool burnout with a symptom checklist.  She has some great tips for coping as well as prevention here in Homeschool Burnout: Rising from the Ashes.   She's also currently airing of series of podcasts over the next five weeks on Avoiding the Homeschool Blues

5. And last, but not least, I watched the following webinar today that Jimmie Lanley, from Jimmie's Collage, shared on behalf of Bright Ideas Press.


So what have you been doing to prevent homeschool burnout? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment