Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Findings: SCM Q&A, From Muslim to Christian, Life in Charts...

I am excited to share with you Sonya Shafer's Simply Charlotte Mason Answers Your Questions.  This new YouTube series looks fabulous, not only for beginners in the CM method, but also for those of us who've been doing this a while and just need reassurance or some fresh ideas.  Each clip looks to be anywhere from 2-5 minutes in length, which is very doable for busy moms ;-)

This week I happened to catch part of a Focus on the Family broadcast one morning on my local christian radio station.  I was moved to tears by the testimony of Tass Saada, who was a former assassin in cahoots with Yasser Arafat.  So much so, that I went back and listened to part 1 and part 2 of the program. The story of how God's love called this Muslim man to Christianity is profound!  I felt inspired to share...
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  John 1:1 
...let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, out hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed in pure water.  Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.  And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near. Hebrews 10:55-25 
I also found The Tail End fascinating.  Author Tim Urban really puts life in perspective.  I'm visual, so seeing the span of life laid out in chart form had a huge impact on me.  It all seems so small in the big picture.  I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment.

The kids had their choir concert last week.  It was fabulous!  Here's a little peek at them beforehand...


No comments:

Post a Comment