Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reading Chapter Books....


A couple of weeks ago RileyAnn decided she was going to read a "chapter book".   She tried this a few months back with the Little House series, but it fell by the wayside.  This time, she chose More Stories from Grandma's Attic by Arletta Richardson and she finished it!  I read the first book in the Grandmas' Attic series to her in Kindergarten as part of Sonlight and she really enjoyed it.

She has since moved on to Mandie and the Washington Nightmare, which is book 12 in the Mandie Series by Lois Gladys Leppard.  Angel starting reading the Mandie series aloud with Riley a couple of years ago. Both girls have enjoyed these.  Now, Riley is very excited to be reading the next book in the series on her own.

I get teary eyed when I see her around the house with her book.  It's just so precious!  The Farmer has even commented on a couple of occasions.  Last week, she said, "Mom, I just LOVE books!"  It was music to my ears.  What a joy to be able to watch her grow and blossom in so many ways...

2 comments:

  1. Magical moment!! I recall when my daughter read her first chapter book on her own - I was wondering if it would ever happen, but it did. Happy, happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Blog, Melissa! Keep the good times rolling and posting the glory of God as it unfolds ;) Wendy www.homeschoolingwisconsin.com

    ReplyDelete