Monday, September 3, 2012

Super Babyfood

Super Baby Food

After inquiring on whether or not I could use our garden produce to make baby food, a friend alerted me to Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron.  I checked it out from the library and loved it so much, I bought a copy.

So far, I've made 2 batches of green beans for Levi.  I cleaned and cooked down the beans with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.  You do need to watch the pan closely, as I stepped away for a few minutes and burned the first batch :(

Once the beans are soft, I pureed them in the food processor.  You could use a blender, but mine is broke.


Then I froze the green bean puree in ice cube trays covered with plastic wrap.


After a couple of days in the freezer, I popped out the cubes and stored them in a plastic food safe container back in the freezer.  You could also use a Ziploc bag.  Don't forget to label the beans with the date. I think they should keep up to 6 months in the freezer.    


Thanks to RileyAnn's bountiful harvest, Levi will have fresh green beans this winter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment