Friday, April 24, 2015

A Day in the Life of our Homeschool...

As part of Sonlight's 25th Anniversary Blog Party, today I'm sharing a day in the life of our homeschool.  Back in February, I took note of our day, which turned out to be a pretty typical Monday.  Here is my log...

A Day in the Life - Monday 2-2-2015

4:00 a.m. wake up

4:30 a.m. realize I'm not falling back to sleep so I might as well rise

4:45 a.m. check e-mail and work on Beth Moore bible study

5:30 a.m. work on blog post & other misc. paper work

7:00 a.m. work on more Beth Moore bible study...yes, I'm behind :(

7:45 a.m. shower and dress

8:05 a.m. check to make sure Riley and Ruben are awake - Levi's been up for a while, he's currently in the shower after a dirty diaper

8:15 a.m. I work on laundry. Riley and Ruben take out garbage and compost, feed cats, shovel/sweep snow, etc.

8:30 a.m. the little boy we babysit arrives

8:45 a.m. bake banana bread

9:00 a.m. Riley and I eat breakfast, feeding the little boys

9:30 a.m. locate Ruben for breakfast and school (he's outside building a snow fort) - Riley begins working on math and other independent studies


10:05 a.m. start school with family studies including bible study, scripture memory, history, and copywork. - Ruben also worked on independent studies, including ST Math and cursive writing.  I read aloud from The Aesop for Children and The Story Book of Science. Ruben narrates.

12:00 p.m. grab lunch

12:30 p.m. leave to take Ruben to 1:00 appointment

3:00 p.m. Ruben has tutoring at the Children's Dyslexia Center

4:15 p.m. stop at grocery store on the way home

5:30 p.m. arrive home, put groceries away - praise Riley for supper in the oven :)

6:00 p.m. Levi wakes from nap - eat supper

6:45 p.m. The Farmer, Riley and Ruben went out to cover a load of wood, preparing for a snow storm tonight

7:00 p.m. kids take baths and showers in between working on chores, including dishes and sweeping the floors



9:00 p.m. kids brush teeth and get tucked into bed.  I read aloud to them. 

10:00 p.m. lights out for kids.  I work on paperwork, blog posts, lessons for tomorrow, etc.

11:00 p.m. my bedtime :)












Sonlight Blog Party

4 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog and love reading it for encouragement with my own homeschool journey!
    Your day looks amazing and it shows such hard work.
    Feel free to check out my blog as well.
    http://cchlearning.wordpress.com/
    Blessings,
    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an early riser as well, but how do you manage to stay up so late? I love that I'm not the only one who occasionally crams for Bible study. :)
    Which curriculum/core(s) do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked it out Brianna, thanks for linking us :)

    Lorelei, I haven't been getting enough sleep these days...don't try this at home ;-)

    Regarding Sonlight, I've used Core K, 1, and 100 pretty much as written. Then we've used parts/pieces, primarily literature, from Core 2, 3, 4, 5, and some other high school cores. I own most of the cores by piecing together older sets. We love SL books, but I'm too eclectic to be bound the guides. After Core 100 with one of our older dd's I was very burnt out by the IG so we started just reading the books along with other studies and bypassed the IG's. I really like TruthQuest history guides for the chronological book lists and Beautiful Feet guides for books and questions. I usually always look through the lists and end up picking SL books :)

    Thanks for logging on,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little concerned when I saw that you wake up at 4:00 a.m. but then chuckled when I realized that it wasn't actually on purpose! Sounds like a great schedule. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete