Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Findings: School Room Remodel, The Liberal Arts Tradition, and Teaching from Rest, BF d'Aulaire Sale....

I can't believe it's Friday already!!  I have hardly been online this week as we've been gone everyday helping someone set up an estate sale.  I'm in a bit of panic since our school year is only a little over two weeks away and I've not gotten a chance to work on scheduling.  Our school room is in complete disarray.  A few weeks back, the farmer built some new shelves so we're in the process of moving books.  Every work surface is covered and there is just a trail on the floor.  I keep telling myself how wonderful it will be when it's done....if it ever gets done!




On a more exciting note, I'm looking forward to reading my latest book purchases...


Brandy Vencel at Afterthoughts is blogging through a book study of The Liberal Arts Tradition by Kevin Clark and Ravi Jain.  I haven't gotten a chance to start reading my new copy yet, but I look forward to supplementing with her posts when I do.

Those of you who've been reading for a while may remember my word for the year being "REST".  When I saw that Sarah Mackenzie had expanded and revised her book, Teaching from Rest, I wanted a copy.  It's a short book that I hope to have time to get through in the next month.  I think it will be a great way to kick off the school year and wind down the final quarter of the calendar year.

I also want to mention the awesome sale at Beautiful Feet.  They are running the d'Aulaire books for $10 each!!  I believe every family should own a set of these books.  They are a wonderful example of living picture books.

OH MY STARS!!!...as I'm typing this, I felt something touch the back of my heel.  I looked down to see a HUGE toad!  You see, our school room is an addition on the back of our garage and the kids occasionally leave the door open to the patio as they go in and out.  Apparently, somehow this small amphibian decided to come in.  I'm telling you, I really need to get this room put back in order!!

UPDATE...Ruben found the toad and put it out...

Life is never dull here on Drywood Creek :)

No comments:

Post a Comment