Friday, November 11, 2011

Latest Treasures


"One man's junk is another man's treasure."  Well in the case of books, that is so true.  I'm very excited about some of the treasures I found yesterday for our hard earned quarters at a local used book sale.  Here are some of my favorite finds....


1) Five hardcover Billy and Blaze books by C. W. Anderson


2) Three hardcover Carolyn Haywood books


3) Hitty Her First Hundred Years by Rachel Field


4) Hardcover series of 12 Looking at Art books

Of course, I'm excited about them all, but I especially love hardcovers with library bindings.  They just hold up so much better.  The battle is getting library stickers and sticky marks off.  I find using a pink eraser works good for sticker removal, although it can occasionally leave a discoloration or mark on the book.  Often times, I just leave the stickers on due to lack of time.  Someday I'll have all the time in the world to get them off.  :)  Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment