Monday, February 1, 2016

Calendar/Planner Update...


In my first post of the year, I explained my calendar/planner dilemma and how I was planning to create my own.  Well, without further ado, here are the results...








At this point, I only created the first six months of the year.  This allowed me a margin of error as I play around and decide how much space to use for each month.  Behind the initial two page monthly spread, I left four blank pages (2-2 page spreads).  For January, I used these pages for a Gratitude Journal, Meal Planer, and Blog Post list.  I really liked having these pages and plan to continue them each month.  The fourth page I used for Books Read and Ideas.  However, I wasn't as crazy about it.  I did use the Books Read space to keep track of, not only books finished, but books I'm still reading and carrying forward to the next month. Unfortunately, I wrote nothing in the Idea space.  Apparently, I had no ideas in January...ha!  I'm trying to decide if I want to change the space to a Commonplace area or Misc.  Maybe I'll just leave it blank until something hits me :)

You can see from the first photo above that I used a simple sewn composition notebook for the calendar/planner.  I did decide to tab each month for easy access.  I also use this Creative Lettering book to help me with font ideas...

I'm in the process of finding pens that I like.  Currently, I have Bic Cristal Bold colored pens, but I'd love to invest in Pigma Micron pens as time goes by.  Making your own calendar/planner is definitely more work up front, but I love the flexibility of creating personalized pages.  I can customize my calendar/planner to exactly what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment