Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Findings: The Book Most People Have Lied About Reading, Homeschooling with Dyslexia....

Spring has sprung on Drywood Creek and the calves are coming.  RileyAnn helped her dad pull one earlier this week as the first calf heifer was having some trouble delivering on her own.  There's nothing like a little hands-on science ;-)

I don't have many links this week because I haven't had much time on the computer.  I spoke to a mom's group Tuesday, so spent last weekend prepping.  I also signed the kids up for baseball/softball this week and with Lenten season at church, art, and choir, we've been on the run.

I did get a chance to listen to this fabulous podcast between Pam Barnhill and Marianne Sunderland. Sunderland's insight on homeschooling kids with dyslexia is so helpful...and her kids have accomplished some fascinating feats in their young lives.

A friend sent me This Website Shows You What It's Like Trying To Read When You Have Dyslexia.  Watching the animated JavaScript actually makes me crazy!

Have you ever lied about reading a book?  Apparently, people do.  Check out, The book most people have lied about reading - and it's not War and Peace.  I found this very interesting.  I won't give away the book, but it was a bit unbelievable.  I wonder what prompts folks to lie about it?  Riley laughed because she recently really did read the book most lied about.

I do have some crazy boy pictures for you this week.   A couple days before the snow melted, this was a favorite past time...YIKES!!



No comments:

Post a Comment