Saturday, October 8, 2016

Weekly Reflections - Week Five...

At Home

We had our first frost of the fall this morning here in West Central WI...and man, was it cold!  Our house was 64-degrees inside when my toes hit the floor.  To warm the house, I decided to bake an apple crisp for breakfast.  Turning the oven on always helps heat things up.  Levi helped me slice apples and add ingredients.  He enjoys participating in the kitchen.

Academia went fairly well this week.  Everyone was cooperative for the most part.  Ruben and I finished The Golden Bull by Marjorie Cowley, which, by the way, is a great book, and will start Boy of the Pyramids by Ruth Fosick Jones next.  RileyAnn had her first math test through her online math class and it looks like she did exceptionally well.  Overall, it was a good week.

Around the Web

I participated in my first online webinar/chat this week with Mystie Winckler of Simply Convivial and others.  I was extremely nervous, but it was fun!  Hopefully, you had a chance to register ahead of time.  If you weren't able to attend, you can watch the replay link here.

Beautiful Feet Book is an advocate for reading aloud even after your child can read themselves, as am I.  In When Should I Stop Reading Aloud to My Children? Rebecca Berg Manor explains why....and I couldn't agree more :)

Fall Pinterest Fails and the Messy Real by Megan Andrews made me teary eyed...in a good way.  What a great reminder of the importance of real life!

I've always been in awe of beautiful handwriting.  I used to practice as a young girl, hoping to improve. Unfortunately, with so little time these days and arthritic hands that don't always cooperate, it is something that I've long given up on.  However, Instagram images of modern day bullet journals definitely do bring me delight. Recently while reading How to Improve Your Handwriting, I was brought back to my youth and those days of practice gone by.  The precision of those beautiful words on the page is a lost art that is still worthy of admiration.

Last, but not least, This Teacher Taught His Class a Powerful Lesson About Privilege came across my inbox through Pinterest and I'm sharing here because I'd love to hear your thoughts...

This Teacher Taught His Class A Powerful Lesson About Privilege

No comments:

Post a Comment