Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Findings...Education is NOT a Booklist, Charlotte Mason Memories, Family is a Verb, C-Section...

Education is not a booklist.....so says Missy Andrews in this post titled Freedom from the Law of the Booklist.  I appreciated the perspective!

I LOVED reading through these Memories of Charlotte Mason by Margaret Coombs!  We read so much about Charlotte's methods, but these memories give a little insight on her human side.

What Really Happens During a C-Section?  Yes, I've lived through three of them and it's not quite as cut and dried as the article makes it seem.  Spinal block was my only option, milk did not come for several days afterward, I did not get my baby for 1-2 hours afterward because I always became nauseous from the anesthesia, and I ended up with infection every time!  I will never understand why mother's elect c-sections for convenience.  

I hopped over to A Holy Experience.  I enjoy Voskamp's blog, but I haven't been there for a few months...I just haven't had time.  This week, for whatever reason, I was drawn there to read When Family Breaks Your Heart.  Ann always makes me ponder.

Speaking of C-Section, family, and birthdays, our beautiful baby turned three this week...BTW, it was all worth it!










1 comment:

  1. Melissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog and wishing me happy birthday! I added your blog address to feedly so I don't forget to check it out! :) Your 3 yo is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete